A Single or Couple without children
If you are a single or couple without children…
If you are an individual or part of a couple, without offspring, planning for a lifestyle change or full retirement, there are key issues you will confront as you move ahead in your life. Many of these are similar to the issues faced by people with children:
- What money will you have to live on?
- What will you be doing with your life?
- Who will you spend time with?
- Where will you live?
- What would you need or want to change should (one of) you have an accident or a lingering illness?
For those without adult children and grandchildren, there are a couple more important considerations as we age:
- Who might you depend upon to be an advocate and companion for you in your older years?
- What provisions have you made for asset management and your own personal care in your later years?
These are all VERY important considerations as we move through our lives. Some of them may be easy to answer for the first 10-year block, and no doubt they will get a little more difficult as you project into the future, where there are more unknowns. No one has a crystal ball, so all we can do is make some educated guesses about our future circumstances, based on where we are today.
As a certified retirement coach, I am trained to help you answer these questions and make some solid decisions about the future. Contact me with your specific questions or to discuss coaching package options.
Listen to Sara's Presentation
Sara discusses being 50+ without kids on the Boomers and Beyond teleconference